Thursday, September 2, 2010

Step back

The night comes closer
with the beginning of each day.
never taking a step back
to let it all in.

How did I get here?
When did I arrive?
Is this really happening?

Questions whirling through time
that never seems to stop.
I stop to look and everything is a blur,
everything keeps moving.
But me...

No one notices, no one cares.
They take advantage of my time standing,
Just a brief moment of their life.
Not realizing the time I had put in.

The sting sinks deeper.
I am misunderstood and left with nothing,
the grass is always greener
but only if you tend it.

I guess I am finally appreciating what I had.
Or did I just take advantage of it?
I guess it is too late.
So I will unwind, and get back into the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment